Re: How to get file info from file handle

From: Nicholas Jankowski
Subject: Re: How to get file info from file handle
Date: Tue, 20 Mar 2012 16:44:01 -0400

assuming you did a fopen("all") or something that means you don't have
the filename in the firstplace.  If you do a fopen(fid) it will give
you back info about the file. Otherwise, there's some stuff in the
Octave user manual (octave.pdf) section on System Utilities /
Filesystem Utilities.  In particular I see fileattrib and stat. stat
works of a 'file' or 'fid'. it only mentions a 'file' for fileattrib.

nickj