Re: Permission denied

From: Kees de Leeuw
Subject: Re: Permission denied
Date: Wed, 21 Mar 2012 07:19:19 +1100

Hi Ben,

I get the following results:

Kees-Imac:~ kees$ ls -l /Applications/Octave.app/Contents/Resources/bin/octave

-rwxrwxrwx  1 kees  admin  2968 21 Apr  2011
/Applications/Octave.app/Contents/Resources/bin/octave

Kees-Imac:~ kees$ ls -l /usr/local/bin/octave

-rw-r--r--  1 root  wheel  0 20 Mar 11:49 /usr/local/bin/octave

I do not know a lot about Unix, but it is now clear to me that I do not have an
executable file in /usr/local/bin. How can I fix this?

Thanks and regards,
Kees