Re: input variables form the shell

From: jacopo rocchi
Subject: Re: input variables form the shell
Date: Thu, 1 Mar 2012 16:24:30 -0800 (PST)

Hi thanks to everybody for the help. I haven't understood yet how to solve
the problem and maybe I haven't been so clear.

Suppose I have a scritp, oct.m, that needs an input variable to work. My
question is
1) how to pass the variable from the shell;
2) how to read the variable in the script.

For example in a normal bash script, scritp.sh, to pass two variables to the
scripts, I would do:
./script 3.5  7
and in the script I write

variable1=$1
variable2=$2

In such a way variable1 takes the value 3.5 and variable2 takes the value 7.

I've tried to use all the suggestions you gave me but I've haven's been able
to resolve the problem, I always get an error message from octave.
Ciao.