Re: problem plotting "N-d object"

From: CdeMills
Subject: Re: problem plotting "N-d object"
Date: Sat, 18 Feb 2012 11:44:43 -0800 (PST)

bpabbott wrote

> I'm not really concerned about buggy code accidentally triggering this
> functionality. At the same time, if such a change is accepted, then it
> needs to be documented and demos should be needed.
>
> I'm not sure a new squeezable N-D array will do the job in a clean way.
> Maybe I'm missing something? Are you thinking of overloading the plot
> function?

Buggy code should trigger error messages ASAP.

Now, I often run simulations and collate 1D and 2D matrices into 3D, where
the third dim is the run number.  Auto-squeezing would be convenient, but I
think we should have a flag to tell plot "I know my data are 3D, but please
squeeze them." This way it is the INTENT to pass 3D data and have a 1D or 2D
plot.

Regards

Pascal