Re: 'for' loop on elements of cell array (octave-3.4.2) - is it the way

From: Sergei Steshenko
Subject: Re: 'for' loop on elements of cell array (octave-3.4.2) - is it the way it is supposed to be ?
Date: Thu, 2 Feb 2012 09:48:34 -0800 (PST)

----- Original Message -----
> From: John W. Eaton <address@hidden>
> To: Sergei Steshenko <address@hidden>
> Cc: James Sherman Jr. <address@hidden>; "address@hidden" <address@hidden>
> Sent: Thursday, February 2, 2012 7:20 PM
> Subject: Re: 'for' loop on elements of cell array (octave-3.4.2) - is it the
> way it is supposed to be ?

[snip]
> http://www.gnu.org/software/octave/doc/interpreter/Cell-Arrays.html#Cell-Arrays
>
> jwe

Well, in the link above I read among other things:

"
A cell array is a container
class able to do just that.  In general cell arrays work just like
N-dimensional arrays ...
"

and my question is: what is column of, say, 3D (cell) array ? I am asking about
columns because 'for' loop documentation mentions them.

Thanks,
  Sergei.