Re: 2 small suggestions related to save()

From: Juan Pablo Carbajal
Subject: Re: 2 small suggestions related to save()
Date: Mon, 12 Dec 2011 11:36:18 +0100

On Mon, Dec 12, 2011 at 10:46 AM, Kris Thielemans
<address@hidden> wrote:
> Hi
>
> I was confused by the usage of default_save_options. I assigned a value to
> the variable, as opposed to calling the function. This is of course clearly
> documented ("help default_save_options" tells you), but nevertheless I only
> found out when trying to assign a value to save_header_format_string. Doing
> that generates a clear warning about function vs variable. I wonder
> therefore if it wouldn't be helpful to issue the same warning for
> default_save_options. This would be easy to do (just add it to
> former_built_in_variables in pt-assign.cc).
>
> Another minor suggestion is to mention save_header_format_string in the
> documentation of save() (e.g. as "see also"). I only found out about it by
> checking the code.
>
> Many thanks
>
> Kris

Hi Kris,

Maybe you want to do it yourself and send a changeset to the
maintainer list? Devs are very busy preparing for 3.6 release and hey
may not take care of this soon.

If you can't do it, then please do fill a bug report (if this is a
minor bug in documentation and warning) so the issue is not forgotten.

https://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/?group=octave

Thanks

--
M. Sc. Juan Pablo Carbajal