Re: Image analysis

From: Macy
Subject: Re: Image analysis
Date: Sun, 11 Dec 2011 05:41:06 -0800

Assuming you converted the .jpg to Test3.bmp, which is about 3.9MB file

If you do the following you should be able to read in a sample image:

myfile=fopen("Test3.bmp","r","ieee-le");
x=fread(myfile);
fclose(myfile);

n=1280*1040;
y=x(end-3*n+1:end);
r=y(1:3:end-2);
rr=reshape(r,1280,1040);
% I use octave 2.1.50. which uses the old gnuplot and this shows the whole image
% gsplot rr(1:10:end,1:10:end);

I got the matrix showing the whole image, and the scale at the bottom. a little
bit of effort and you can automatically find the scale in terms of indices.

PS: this was all done by inspecting the .bmp image, there is nothing automated
about capturing the size, etc, even the fact that the image is saved using 3
bytes in a row, caught me off guard. I thought the whole image field per color
was captured, but it appears that the data is R, G, B per pixel, so be careful
if you apply to other images, look at them first with a hex editor.  The above
script worked on the sample image you sent.

Regards,
Robert