Re: Numerical Differentiation and Integration of Array Data

From: Francesco Potortì
Subject: Re: Numerical Differentiation and Integration of Array Data
Date: Mon, 05 Dec 2011 10:43:55 +0100

>> This is very interesting and new to me.  That last bit I know is an
>> assignment statement, and I realize that it's meant to be evaluated at the
>> discrete values of t, although what is this '@t' construct called, and how
>> does it work by getting passed as an argument and then treated as a
>> function?
>
>http://www.gnu.org/software/octave/doc/interpreter/Function-Handles.html
>
>> Can this also be done in c?
>
>well, it can be done in c++ with functors, I'm not sure about plain c

Yes, function pointers have always been available in the C language.

Are there general purpose languages where you do not have function
pointers or an equivalent construct?

--
Francesco Potortì (ricercatore)        Voice:  +39.050.315.3058 (op.2111)
ISTI - Area della ricerca CNR          Mobile: +39.348.8283.107