Re: Debugging octave mex files

From: Jordi Gutiérrez Hermoso
Subject: Re: Debugging octave mex files
Date: Mon, 28 Nov 2011 16:44:35 -0500

On 28 November 2011 16:30, Trigui, Hafedh (OTT)
<address@hidden> wrote:
> I am trying to debug mex files, generated by Microsoft Visual Studio 2005,
> under octave-3.3.4 following the link
> http://www.mathworks.com/help/techdoc/matlab_external/f32489.html?
> but the cursor never stopped at the breakpoint. Also, mex -g myfunction.c
> resulted in myfunction.mex rather than myfunction.mexw32.

What does this question have to do with Octave? You produced a mex
file with Matlab's mex binary, which is not something Octave can use
at all. You would need to recompile your code with mkoctfile --mex if
you want to produce a mex file for Octave. I am also not sure about
using that compiler. How are you making Octave a part of this?

By the way, where did you get that version of Octave? Did you mean
3.4.3? Did you compile it yourself?

> What is the equivalent of such debugging in Octave?

oct files, but they use a different API than mex files (for backwards
compatibility, Octave also provides a C++ API to mex files). They can
be debugged like any other

> This e-mail from Ultra Electronics and any attachments to it are
> confidential to the intended recipient and may also be privileged. If you
> have received it in error please notify the sender and delete it from your
> system. If you are not the intended recipient you must not copy it or use it
> for any purpose nor disclose or distribute its contents to any other person.

Am I the intended recipient? I'm not sure. I hope I am. If not, I can
erase your email, if you wish.

- Jordi G. H.