Re: Q about ML code

From: Ben Abbott
Subject: Re: Q about ML code
Date: Mon, 21 Nov 2011 23:24:13 -0500

On Nov 21, 2011, at 11:08 PM, fork wrote:

> In my effort to port SeDuMi (I really should get back to my life...), I am
> coughing up an error on this function header line:
>
> function [L.L, L.d, L.skip, L.add] = blkchol(L,X,pars,absd)
>
> What could this mean?  I want to change it to:
>
> function [L, d, skip, add] = blkchol(L,X,pars,absd)
>
> Which would then match the example above it, but I am afraid of losing
> critical
> information...  Any thoughts?
>
> Also, is there a quick and dirty way to fix all the short circuit problems?
> Some fancy sed script?  I can't get "--braindead" to stop it from hitting
> errors
> that would be fixed with short circuiting.
>
> 3.4.0 on Gentoo.
>
> Tx

I notice the function is ...

function [L.L, L.d, L.skip, L.add] = blkchol(L,X,pars,absd)
error('Build the SeDuMi binaries by typing make at the command prompt.');

Assuming that "L" is a structure, the you can just ...

function [L, d, skip, add] = blkchol (L, X, pars, absd)
add = L.add;
skip = L.skip;
d = L.d;
L = L.L;
error('Build the SeDuMi binaries by typing make at the command prompt.');

That will eliminate the parser error (a bug?) ... however, you'll still
encounter an error. To avoid that you need to mex blkchol.c

Ben