Re: [griddata]:__delaunay__ function

From: Thierry Laroche
Subject: Re: [griddata]:__delaunay__ function
Date: Mon, 14 Nov 2011 22:58:26 +0100

I also try this on opensuse 11.4, and I obtain the same result.
I will first fill a bug report and if it's too long I should compile as you suggest.
keep in touch

Thank you

Le 14/11/2011 22:50, Martin Helm a écrit :
Am 14.11.2011 22:23, schrieb Thierry Laroche:
Ok, I installed the libmagick package. Thus, the octave package from
science repository works. As a result, the function griddata doesn't
work anymore.

I tried the demo in octav forge

  x=2*rand(100,1)-1;
  y=2*rand(size(x))-1;
  z=sin(2*(x.^2+y.^2));
  [xx,yy]=meshgrid(linspace(-1,1,32));
  [x1,y1,zz]=griddata(x,y,z,xx,yy);

and zz becomes a 32x32 array full of NaN...
What I can see is the project science changed a few weeks ago the
version of qhull used (you can look at the spec file for the rpm to see
this). The matrix contains of course some NaNs at the borders but should
not contain only NaNs. I cannot reproduce it since I have no openSUSE
11.3 but 11.4 and I compile octave myself.
But your description sounds like they broke it with their patch, so
there are two options
Compile octave as I did directly from the sources from octave.org or
file a bug against the science repository
https://build.opensuse.org/package/users?package=octave&project=science
on this page you can see the person who is the bug owner pgajdos with an
email link to contact.