Re: Can't install octave-forge packages in a 32-bit OS X build, but can

From: c.
Subject: Re: Can't install octave-forge packages in a 32-bit OS X build, but can in a 64-bit one
Date: Sat, 5 Nov 2011 20:55:57 +0100

On 5 Nov 2011, at 17:09, Alexander Hansen wrote:

> See the above.  That doesn't involve an octave-forge package at all,
> but just assigning an entry to a structure--inspired by dir.m, but
> still just a structure.

I recall having the same problem a long time ago and,
if memory doesn't fail me (which is not a rare occurrence lately),
it was due to using a wrong version of flex and using "/sw/lib/flex/bin/flex"
provided by the package:

flex-devel       2.5.35-2     Fast lexical analyser generator

solved the problem.

I'm not sure this is useful information I'm not even sure you need flex at all
when building from a release and not from development sources.

HTH anyway,
c.