GNU Octave syntax highlighting files repository

From: José Luis García Pallero
Subject: GNU Octave syntax highlighting files repository
Date: Thu, 3 Nov 2011 17:08:16 +0100

Hello,

I've created a mercurial repository in bitbucket in order to store
syntax highlighting files for use Octave language with multiple text
editors. By the moment I have files for CodePad (an discontinued MS
Windows program), nano, vim and Kate/KWrite. It would be nice if
someone in the community could contribute with other files for editors
as gedit, jedit, geany, etc.

The code is stored in https://bitbucket.org/jgpallero/octave-sh. The
repo can be anonymously cloned and I have not problem to provide write
access to it to someone that want to contribute.

The highlighted data are separated in four groups:

- keywords, as if, for, etc
- commands, as cd, who, save, etc. (this group could be deleted and
merged with the next, I don't know)
- functions
- forge, for Octave-Forge functions

The three first classes corresponds to the state of Octave 3.0.1 and
the forge corresponds to the state of octave-forge 20080612.

For Octave developers: Could be possible to implement a function
called function_names() or similar in order to obtain a list with all
the Octave function names, keywords, etc.?

José Luis García Pallero
address@hidden
(o<
/ / \