Re: reliable seg fault

From: Marco Atzeri
Subject: Re: reliable seg fault
Date: Mon, 24 Oct 2011 09:50:01 +0200

On 10/24/2011 9:08 AM, Mike Miller wrote:
This is a crazy problem. At first I thought it was caused by corrcoef(),
then I realized that corrcoef() is using cov() and I found that cov()
was also seg faulting. Then I looked at cov and saw the inner product
and discovered that the inner product was seg faulting. So, basically,
matrix multiplication is causing seg faults, but it depends strongly on
the size of the matrix.

So the seg faults occur only if BOTH rows>39 AND cols>38, and the more
rows there are, the fewer columns can be supported.

I'm guessing the problem is with libraries or with LAPACK or ATLAS.

Mike

not such problem on cygwin with octave-3.4.2 and lapack 3.2.2

Wich version of lapack are you using ?

Regards
Marco