Re: problems with rlocus

From: Eduardo J. Adam
Subject: Re: problems with rlocus
Date: Mon, 17 Oct 2011 13:01:06 -0300

Thanks James.
The command should be written as you indicate.

Eduardo

2011/10/15 James Sherman Jr. <address@hidden>
On Sat, Oct 15, 2011 at 4:32 PM, Eduardo J. Adam <address@hidden> wrote:
Dear friends,
I have a problem with rlocus function. Here you have a simple example

--------------------------------------
clear all
n=[1 1]; d=[1 1 1];
gs=tf(n,d); sysout(gs)

increment=0.1; min_k=0; max_k=2;

Then,
1. the following command works for me
rlocus(gs)

2. the following command doesn't work for me
[rldata,k]=rlocus(gs[, increment, min_k, max_k]);
(please, read the help)

3. the following command doesn't work for me
[rldata,k]=rlocus(gs,[ increment, min_k, max_k]);

4. the following command works not well for me
[rldata,k]=rlocus(gs,[ increment; min_k; max_k]);

because it is equal to,
[rldata,k]=rlocus(gs);

If rlocus worked well, rldata should be a matrix whose size must be 2x21 and the response is a matrix 2x328.

I think there is a documentation problem, but I'm not sure.

Eduardo

Hi Eduardo,

I'm not familiar with this particular function, but I believe the square brackets [] are meant to denote optional arguments.  What happens if you try:

 [rldata,k]=rlocus(gs, increment, min_k, max_k);

?

Hope this helps.

--

Dr. Eduardo J. Adam
Prof. Adjunto Instrumentación y Control de Procesos