Re: Octave-C++ Api : Help and Doc needed

From: E L L I P S Y S
Subject: Re: Octave-C++ Api : Help and Doc needed
Date: Thu, 13 Oct 2011 01:01:23 +0200

Le mercredi 12 octobre 2011, Søren Hauberg a écrit :
> ons, 12 10 2011 kl. 19:03 +0200, skrev E L L I P S Y S:
> >    1- May someone indicate where to find API samples like a simple ls
> >
> > computation?
>
> There's a chapter (or is it an appendix?) in the manual about using the
> C++ API. Try reading that.
>
> >     2- Do you consider it's a bad idea to link against liboctave? Should I
> >
> > better call Octave programs through DFUN_DLD (which means I must learn
> > the octave langage) ?
>
> Depends on what you want to do. I would not recommend against using only
> C++. However, keep in mind that the C++ API is designed to make it easy
> to implement the Octave language and not designed as a general purpose
> library.
>
> Søren

Dear Søren, Hello list,

Thank you for this quick answer !

I took a look at the manual, explaining mostly DFUN_DLD (in Oct-Files). The
part that interest me is "A.3 Standalone Program". 1 page out of 725, and only
2 samples, that's not enough to code.

It seems effectively that the C++ API is done for internal development purpose
mainly. But looking at the (poor) doxygen doc of liboctave.so (a PDF file by
example), the API seem quite powerfull !

Thanks a lot for you point of view

--

Cordialement, Denis Gillain, http://www.ellipsys.fr

E      L      L      I      P      S      Y      S

+33 (0) 1 39 68 32 51 -  address@hidden