Re: Octave-C++ Api : Help and Doc needed

From: Søren Hauberg
Subject: Re: Octave-C++ Api : Help and Doc needed
Date: Wed, 12 Oct 2011 20:07:24 +0200

ons, 12 10 2011 kl. 19:03 +0200, skrev E L L I P S Y S:
>    1- May someone indicate where to find API samples like a simple ls
>
> computation?

There's a chapter (or is it an appendix?) in the manual about using the
C++ API. Try reading that.

>       2- Do you consider it's a bad idea to link against liboctave? Should I
> better call Octave programs through DFUN_DLD (which means I must learn the
> octave langage) ?

Depends on what you want to do. I would not recommend against using only
C++. However, keep in mind that the C++ API is designed to make it easy
to implement the Octave language and not designed as a general purpose
library.

Søren