Re: MAC and GNU Plot - Help Please

From: Ben Abbott
Subject: Re: MAC and GNU Plot - Help Please
Date: Sat, 24 Sep 2011 11:06:32 -0400

On Sep 23, 2011, at 7:06 PM, Wesley Davis wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I have been trying to plot images from some of my Octave programs on my MAC
> without success.  I have downloaded Aquaterm and  GNU Plot.  However,  I am
> not sure what goes where.   What do I need to do to plot my graphs while at
> the Octave command line?
>
> Wes

To produce plots with Octave, you can do something as simple as ...

        plot (0:10)

I'll assume this does not work for you (?).

Regarding Aquaterm and Gnuplot, where / how did you get Aquaterm and Gnuplot?

Did you use a package manager like Macports, or Fink?

... or did you download a dmg? If so where did you install them?

Also, where did you get your copy of Octave from? and what version are running?

Ben