Problem loading a big file

From: Alejandro Zamora
Subject: Problem loading a big file
Date: Mon, 19 Sep 2011 14:38:37 +0100 (BST)

Dear all.

I have a problem when I try to load a file with size of 3 GB.
These messages appear after the process:

error: load: failed to load matrix constant
error: load: trouble reading ascii file `'
error: load: reading file
error: load: cell array element had unexpected name
error: load: failed to load cell element
error: load: trouble reading ascii file `'
error: load: reading file
error: load: cell array element had unexpected name
error: load: failed to load cell element
error: load: trouble reading ascii file `data_prueba.dat'
error: load: reading file data_prueba.dat
error: called from:
error:   /home/azamora/Desktop/Documents/projects ICFO/mps/octave/prueba.m at l
ine 3, column 1

I don' have this problem when the size of the file is much smaller (~70 MB)

Could anybody help me to solve this problem?

regards,
Alex Zamora