Re: .png v. .jpg printing

From: Ben Abbott
Subject: Re: .png v. .jpg printing
Date: Thu, 15 Sep 2011 16:18:46 -0400

On Sep 15, 2011, at 4:05 PM, Philip Hahn wrote:

Greetings,

 Both files were printed in sequence from the same plot image.

 the .jpg does not respect the specified font size (18 point) but gets the boxon option correct.
 the .png does not get the boxon option correct, but does get the appropriate font size (18 point).

 These were generated under Linux (latest version with Ubuntu 11.04) but I get similar plots under Windows.

 I'm trying to generate plots for a paper. I need the larger font point and I need the boxon property correct :) Any ideas?

 Thank you,

philip

Please provide us the actual version number for your Octave.

Also if you can provide a short m-file script.

I tried ...

plot (rand (10), rand(10), "s")
xlabel xlabel
ylabel ylabel
title title
print test.png
print test.jpg

... and obtained the attached results using the developers sources.

Ben