Re: Installing Octave

From: Martin Helm
Subject: Re: Installing Octave
Date: Mon, 5 Sep 2011 00:31:09 +0200

On Montag, 5. September 2011 00:16:55 Ana Mónica Lourenço wrote:
> Hi,
> Thanks for your e-mails. I am really new in this things and i need your
> help. I am a little bit confused.
>
> I just have access to the computer by the command line using the command
> ssh.
> The version of the computer is:
> openSUSE 11.1 (x86_64)
> VERSION = 11.1
>
> I can download the packages and then I can copy the files to the computer
> using the command line.
> Where can I download the packages and what are the commands that i have to
> use to install them?
>
> I really appreciate your help
> Monica

This will become a bit difficult now. The version you have is no enterprise
version but the community version where only 11.3 and 11.4 are currently
supported. 11.1 (which you have) is end of life since 2010 and most of the
repositories are deleted. So you may have a hard time to find any place where
you can download the software for it.