Help, answers showing in command prompt even though semicolon is used in

From: strugglinscientist
Subject: Help, answers showing in command prompt even though semicolon is used in if statement
Date: Tue, 30 Aug 2011 17:09:25 -0700 (PDT)

What am I doing wrong? I do not want to be shown the answers

Here is my code
if(amIOne==1 && amITwo==2 && amIThree==3)
                {
                        dataForZero=[dataForZero dataQZero];
                        dataForOne=[dataForOne dataQOne];
                }
        end

Which results in the following in the octave prompt

ans=
{
[1,1]=-709
[2,1]=-452
}

Yet if I have the following code anywhere outside the if statement

                        dataForZero=[dataForZero dataQZero];
                        dataForOne=[dataForOne dataQOne];

The answers are NOT posted to my prompt. How can I leave those inside the if
statement and not have the answers show up in my prompt? Running through a
lot of data...