Re: Implementing SIFT algorithm

From: pavan padmashali
Subject: Re: Implementing SIFT algorithm
Date: Wed, 17 Aug 2011 11:48:48 +0530

Hi!
I could not locate loadimage anywhere in the code, yet the warning comes up.

Thank you, the errors that were previously existing are not there anymore. :)

But now there is an error from appendimages.m -
when i run match('scene.pgm','book.pgm');
i get the following lines as output :

Finding keypoints...
0 keypoints found.
warning: sift: some elements in the list of return values are undefined.
error: subscript indices must be positive integers or logicals
error: called from :
error:C:\Octave\3.2.4_gcc-4.4.0\bin\appendimages.m at line 14, column 22
error: C:\Octave\3.2.4_gcc-4.4.0\bin\match.m at line 42,column 5

and i get an output image which is extremely blurred, and has no resemblance to any of the input images.

appendimages.m works fine on its own. That is, when i read two images and give them as input, the images are appended and displayed fine.

code in appendimages.m which causes error :
line 11 :if (rows1 < rows2)
line 12 :     image1(rows2,1) = 0;
line 13 :else
line 14 :     image2(rows1,1) = 0;
line 15 :end

line 42 of match.m file has the following code :

im3 = appendimages(im1,im2);

where im1 is created during : [im1, des1, loc1] = sift(image1);

On Tue, Aug 16, 2011 at 7:35 PM, Søren Hauberg <address@hidden> wrote:
Hi

Replies below

tir, 16 08 2011 kl. 18:50 +0530, skrev pavan padmashali:
> then i tried out  :   [image, descrips, locs] = sift('scene.pgm');
> the following messages are shown :
> warning: loadimage is obselete and will be removed from a future
> version of Octave;please use imread instead.

To get rid of this warning, edit the code and replace "loadimage" with
"imread".

> error: 'siftWin32' undefined near line 45 column 12
> error:      C:\Octave\3.2.4-gcc-4.4.0\bin\sift.m at line 45,column 9.
>

> Now, siftWin32 is .exe file.
>

> line 41: % Call keypoints executable
> line 42:if isunix
> line 43:    command = '!./sift ';
> line 44:else
> line 45:    command = '!siftWin32 ';
> line46:end

Okay, this part of the code uses a rather annoying Matlab construct.
Basically, you have to remove the exclamation point (!) from the above
code. In line 48 where it says

 eval(command);

you should write

 system (command);