Re: Compiling Octave with OSX 10.7

From: fortozs
Subject: Re: Compiling Octave with OSX 10.7
Date: Fri, 12 Aug 2011 10:30:20 -0700 (PDT)

I have Octave successfully built on my MPB 13" sandy bridge OS X 10.7 Lion.
For me it was a problem with Atlas. Here is what I did:

Install MacPorts 2.0
sudo port selfupdate
sudo port install gcc44
download atlas_3_9_46.tgz from https://trac.macports.org/ticket/30280
copy files to opt/mports/trunk/dports/math/atlas/
sudo port install octave +gcc44 +x11

It builds and opens, but I am having "Segmentation Fault: 11" issues on
close. One of my old programs isn't running as well. I could not get
octave-devel to build, and this might be why, since I wrote my program to
run with this. Hope Octave gets fixed soon. Good luck to you.