Re: Best VirtualBox Linux Version for octave

From: Richard
Subject: Re: Best VirtualBox Linux Version for octave
Date: Sun, 07 Aug 2011 18:24:14 +0100

I routinely build 'octave' under 32 bit SUSE, but since I build all the
dependencies - starting from 'binutils', 'gcc', it really doesn't matter
that I'm using SUSE.

If it's your computer, why not repartition the disk and install Linux
along with Windows ?

Regards,
   Sergei.

I might well do this, and did this on my last PC, but it means rebooting every time I need to switch back to windows. Also, although it's 'my' PC I share it with others, i.e. my girlfriend. She will become annoyed if she has to reboot the PC all the time to do stuff. Her employer insists and depends on proprietary windows-only software.

Richard

Scotland, with registration number SC005336.