Re: inadequate/inconsisten 'help pkg' message; problems with downloading

From: Jordi Gutiérrez Hermoso
Subject: Re: inadequate/inconsisten 'help pkg' message; problems with downloading
Date: Wed, 3 Aug 2011 15:15:19 -0500

Sergei, I am trying to help. This is a large information dump and
unlikely to receive attention if you keep piling on more data without
separating the wheat from the chaff. Not all data is information. I am
sorry if I seemed aggressive or unapproachable, but after 11 messages
of you talking to yourself, I don't expect further data dumps are
going to help solve these problems. I understood that there are some
issues with pkg.m's docstring, that much is clear. The rest of your
concerns are buried amidst a tangle of data.

Messy bug reports tend to get ignored. People just don't want to sit
down and untangle them. I can think of examples of very messy bug
reports that nobody wants to fix. I think it is in in your own best
interest to present a clear bug report so we can fix it, or break it
up into several bug reports.

That being said, I'm going to sift through all of the things you've
dumped here and try to organise and address the problems you've
encountered. Please don't take offense.

Thanks,
- Jordi G. H.