Re: 'octave' and 'matio'

From: Jordi Gutiérrez Hermoso
Subject: Re: 'octave' and 'matio'
Date: Wed, 3 Aug 2011 02:43:45 -0500

2011/8/3 Sergei Steshenko <address@hidden>:

> [...]

Hey, Octave was here first; if anyone it's Matio who has NIH, not
Octave. In fact, Octave was explicitly born without NIH, since it was,
and still is, primarily a glorified wrapper of numerical Fortran
libraries.

Anyways, my question was, we can already read and write mat files, are
we doing it incorrectly or insufficiently enough to warrant throwing
out out code or merging it with theirs? What's to be gained by this
development?

> Also, you could probably shed some light on
>
> https://mailman.cae.wisc.edu/pipermail/help-octave/2011-August/046850.html
>
> - if it is related to Matlab IO.

No, oct2mat has nothing to do with mat file IO. I have no further
insight on this matter.

- Jordi G. H.