Re: Precompiled 3.4.0 for Mac lacks gnuplot

From: Liam Groener
Subject: Re: Precompiled 3.4.0 for Mac lacks gnuplot
Date: Sun, 17 Jul 2011 16:12:57 -0700

On Jul 17, 2011, at 3:53 PM, Liam Groener wrote:

> Also, if you intend to use TextWrangler for creating m-files, go to
> Preferences, Text Files, and make sure the Unix button is selected under
> default line breaks.
Sorry for beating a dead horse, but if you are going to do this, you might as
well add the following line to .octaverc:
  edit editor "open -a /Applications/TextWrangler.app %s &"
Then when you type:
edit foo.m
into an octave session, TextWrangler should open with the file foo.m, creating
a new empty file if it doesn't already exist. Disclaimer:  I actuall use
TextMate for this purpose, but it's not free.