Re: Question

From: John Swensen
Subject: Re: Question
Date: Thu, 14 Jul 2011 18:37:01 -0400

On Jul 14, 2011, at 6:07 PM, Mansoureh Shahalami wrote:

> Hi everyone,
> I used ode15s to solve my system but it can't solve because of the following
> warning:
> Warning: Failure at t=1.650646e+002. Unable to meet integration tolerances
> without reducing the step size below the smallest value allowed
> (5.864272e-013) at time t.
> would you please guide me what I have to do to solve my system?
> Thanks,
> Kati

My first suggestion would be that the ODE you are integrating becomes
ill-behaved at the time it fails.  You should look at the internal states of
the system being integrated at the time it fails to see what is going on.  I
often see things like this if (for whatever reason) the ODE being integrated
has a very large time rate of change (I say time rate of change, but maybe time
isn't your independent variable).  Is the ODE you are integrating stable
(meaning the states will stay bounded for all time)?

John