Re: complex arrays in octfiles

From: c.
Subject: Re: complex arrays in octfiles
Date: Wed, 29 Jun 2011 17:21:38 +0200

On 29 Jun 2011, at 16:03, John W. Eaton wrote:

> This should work, but using the indexing operator for assignment is
> relatively slow because of Octave's copy-on-write semantics.

Can you explain this a bit better?
By saying the slowness is due to copy-on-write semantics,
do you mean that using the indexing operator is making a copy of
a each time I access it?

Sorry if the question sounds stupid, I do things this way sometimes in order to
have
bounds checking, but if I am doing it wrong I have quite a bit of code to fix ;)

c.