Re: using leasqr with developement version

From: Carlo de Falco
Subject: Re: using leasqr with developement version
Date: Wed, 29 Jun 2011 00:06:14 +0200

On 28 Jun 2011, at 18:06, Carlo de Falco wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am posting this to both Octave and Octave-Forge as I think this
> problem encountered while running a function from the 'optim' package
> actually exposes some bug in Octave itself.
> If others can confirm this behaviour 'll try to better identify the bug
> and report it to the bug tracker.

OK, I tracked down the problem which seems to have been in cell2cell which is a
function from the "miscellaneous" package (i.e. not in Octave core, so sorry
for
the noise on the Octave ML)

whith the current version of cell2cell the following happens:

------------
>> function prova ()
m = 1; n = 1;
plabels = cell2cell (num2cell ((1:n).'), 1);
endfunction
>> prova
error: `m' undefined near line 4 column 1
error: called from:
error:   ?unknown? at line 4, column 1

------------

if I apply the attached patch I get, instead

------------
>> function prova ()
m = 1; n = 1;
plabels = cell2cell (num2cell ((1:n).'), 1);
endfunction
>> prova
m =  1

Does anyone object if I

1) commit this patch
2) bump the version number in "miscelaneous" and "optim"
3) increase the version number for the dependency on "miscellaneous" in "optim"

c.