Re: "axis scale / dataspectratio" - problem with 3D-graph

From: pathematica
Subject: Re: "axis scale / dataspectratio" - problem with 3D-graph
Date: Tue, 3 May 2011 06:11:34 -0700 (PDT)

> For Matlab I've found the "axis vis3d" function which allows to
> rotate a 3D-graph showing the right dimensons from all directions,
> but I can't find something like that for Octave.

Hello, Clara

I wrote something in the online wiki about this. Have a look at the section
headed "Adjusting axes on three-dimensioinal plots" to see if it addresses
your problem.

You might need to experiment with the vector (denoted [a b c d]) in the
set(gca(), 'position', [ a b c d]) command - I'm afraid I can't remember
whether there was some reason for the numbers I used or whether I found them
by trial and error.

Best wishes