Re: Geospatial data functions

From: Jordi Gutiérrez Hermoso
Subject: Re: Geospatial data functions
Date: Sat, 23 Apr 2011 00:58:35 -0500

On 22 April 2011 22:49, Chethan S <address@hidden> wrote:
> Hi all!
>
> I am a student working on geospatial data, particularly satellite imagery.
> Currently I am a MATLAB user wanting to switch to GNU Octave. With a casual
> web search I learnt that GNU Octave is missing out several functions for
> Geospatial Data Import and Access
> (http://www.denney.ws/octave/3.0.1/Mapping.html).
>
> Are those functions available in latest version of Octave?

You can see which functions are available in Octave or Octave-Forge at
the following location:

     http://octave.sourceforge.net/functions_by_alpha.php

Unfortunately, it seems that the geospatial toolbox is still not at
all implemented, and it looks like a major effort to do so. I do not
know what to suggest. Sorry.

- Jordi G. H.