RE: re-interpreting Octave output

From: John W. Eaton
Subject: RE: re-interpreting Octave output
Date: Fri, 22 Apr 2011 14:57:44 -0400

On 22-Apr-2011, William Krekeler wrote:

| It is often useful to copy temporary output to generate new script lines. Yes,
| as asked, it is a cygwin issue, but if the user is using octave inside cygwin
| and that impacts the user interface to octave it becomes an octave
| issue.

By saying that Octave doesn't have anything to do with cutting and
pasting when it is running in a terminal, I was merely trying to
explain the technical point that the keyboard commands or mouse
buttons that control cutting and pasting are not in any way controlled
by Octave.  I was hoping to provide some insight into how things work
so that some better understanding might be gained.

jwe