Re: csvwrite text

From: senator
Subject: Re: csvwrite text
Date: Wed, 30 Mar 2011 11:07:42 -0700 (PDT)

thanks... I have uninstalled and reinstalled Octave and checked the boxes to
add packages io,windows,java

I am still haveing troulbe getting xlswrite to work, csvwrite works so i am
not a total idiot.

I am looking for a command to confirm that io, windows, and java are indeed
installed. Seems like i have seen some command before like "pkg", I can not
find the command now though.

please tell me a command to see if these packages are indeed loaded.

Please give me any other ideas you may have as to why I can't works
xlswrite?
DO i have to do something to make sure these packages are installed even
after i requested them at install?

here is one of the codes i attempted:
clear
a=[1 4 5;2 90 7]
b=xlswrite('jackfile.xls','a','C3:AB40')

here are some of my errors..

creating file jackfile.xls
warning: No support for Excel .xls I/O
error: oct2xls: unkown Excel .xls interface - None
error: called from:........

looks to me like it may not be intalled .. maybe i need to command to
initialize those pkgs