Re: how to change a compiler

From: Martin Helm
Subject: Re: how to change a compiler
Date: Wed, 23 Mar 2011 01:08:54 +0100

Am Mittwoch, den 23.03.2011, 07:50 +0800 schrieb welkin zzp:
> > Hi,
>      I have installed the gfortran, my operation system is ubuntu
> 10.04LST and I installed it by the program center tool ,the information
> is "GNU Fortran (Ubuntu 4.4.3-4ubuntu5) 4.4.3" as I do "gfortran --version".
>
>      zzpwelkin

Hi,
I just ask myself where your f77 comes from. Is it something you
compiled yourself or fetched from an external source. I am not aware
that an f77 compiler exists on ubuntu. gfortran is the standard fortran
77/90/... compiler.
Maybe you mixed something up in your system.
If you do not need this special compiler for something I would remove
it.