Re: Re: criptic phrasing in the manual

From: Oz Nahum Tiram
Subject: Re: Re: criptic phrasing in the manual
Date: Thu, 3 Mar 2011 00:35:02 +0100

Hey,
I have noticed that Octave finally has a proper bug tracker in
http://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/?group=octave&func=browse&set=open&msort=0&advsrch=0&morder=bug_id%3C&order=assigned_to#results
I am going to transfer the discussion to there.
Hopefully one of the developers catches it.

I can"t think of a patch to the manual because I simply don"t understant the functionality of the @ sign.
I figured out you can have two digit integer with 1-6 range, since there are 6 primary colors, and six types of data point sign.
Besides that, I think that the @sign is either an unfinished feature, or broken functionallity from previous versions which was not cleaned from the manual...

I don"t know ...

Cheers,

Oz

2011/3/1 Jordi GutiƩrrez Hermoso <address@hidden>
On 1 March 2011 02:55, Oz Nahum Tiram <address@hidden> wrote:
> I like octave - although I make also a lot of Python development -
> and I have lots of ideas how it can be more popular. Unfortunately,
> I have not so much time, besides taking care of suggesting polishing
> of the manual ...

If you could suggest a patch for the manual, I could apply it. Do you
need help writing the patch?

- Jordi G. H.

--

---

"Gentlmen! You can't fight in here, this is the War Room!"
President Merkin Muffley
(Peter Sellers, Dr. Strangelove)