Re: Windows executable file

From: Benjamin Lindner
Subject: Re: Windows executable file
Date: Mon, 28 Feb 2011 09:51:02 +0100

> I need to know if a way to generate a windows executable file (XP/Vista
> operating systems) exists and how to do it.

Are you talking about a windows-executable of octave (i.e. a native
port) - and so what version (I presume 3.4?) - The answer is: yes
there is a way, but it's not exactly trivial. The /how/ will require
considerably more text in reply...

Or are you talking about a standalone execuatble variant of an .oct file?
The the answer is - there should be a way, however, I haven't actually
tried it myself, since I'd like to get the 3.4 release off and working
before delving into this.

benjamin