Re: Windows executable file

From: Tatsuro MATSUOKA
Subject: Re: Windows executable file
Date: Sat, 26 Feb 2011 18:22:32 +0900 (JST)

Hello
--- Andy Buckle  wrote:

> Was the original poster asking about 3.4 installers? I thought it was
> a question about compiling scripts. Hard to say.

For building from source, please see the read README.MinGW on Mercurial
archives.
http://www.gnu.org/software/octave/download.html
Development Sources

You need to install Mercurial first. I am using the Cygwin to use the Mercurial.

Or use the header files and libraries, in octave-3.3.91.zip
at  http://www.tatsuromatsuoka.com/octave/Eng/Win/.

Those header files and libraries are used for my building octave.
You should also install the Msys+MinGW toolkits.

Building octave from source on windows is a hard way at the moment.
But you are welcome to challenge this hard works.

Regards

Tatsuro