Renewed invitation to #octave

From: Jordi Gutiérrez Hermoso
Subject: Renewed invitation to #octave
Date: Fri, 25 Feb 2011 15:22:49 -0600

The #octave channel in Freenode

     http://www.gnu.org/software/octave/chat.html

has seen small bouts of activity recently. I find it a very nice way
to collaborate, a bit more agile than email. I have seen a few scarce
users and developers from the mailing lists. I would like to invite
more people to participate or at least idle in the discussion there.
It would be a bit more legitimising to see big names in there as
well[1]. You shouldn't feel any duty to participate, but just idling
in the channel occasionally glancing at the ongoing discussion if
there is any could be useful.

See you there, hopefully,
- Jordi G. H.

[1] As designated channel contact, I'm just dying to hand out cloaks
(little badges of Octavehood) to more developers. So far, only David
Grundberg (individ) and I have one, although I've seen Kostas
(logari81) and Kai (Kai7000) in there and keep forgetting to offer
them the same cloak.