filter.oct

From: Hillel Rosensweig
Subject: filter.oct
Date: Fri, 25 Feb 2011 02:03:51 -0800 (PST)

HI, I'm long time user, first time writer,

I've been trying to implement the Octave 'filtert.oct' function in C.
i built a function - 'filter.c' based on the information given in the online octave manual.
the problem is that my code is relatively slow.

I noticed that the actual function is a 'built-in' octave function and as such I cannot review the code it runs. As i understand it, the
octave code is optimized beyond the naive algorithm and I was wondering whether the algorithm used is available
for reading anywhere .

in other words - how did you guys do it?

thanks

Hillel