SLATEC error: Chebyshev series too short for specified accuracy

From: Camillo
Subject: SLATEC error: Chebyshev series too short for specified accuracy
Date: Tue, 22 Feb 2011 12:53:02 +0100

Hello,

I am working on a Mac build of Octave 3.4.0. It's almost complete: it passes
6908 tests, has 2 known failures, and 5 unexpected ones. All of these five are
due to the same issue, an exception inside SLATEC: "Chebyshev series too short
for specified accuracy". I don't know Fortran and I'm not sure how to best
debug the issue. The compilers I am using are gcc and gfortran 4.2.1.

Any ideas?

Best regards,
Camillo Lugaresi