Re: Finite Element in Octave

From: c.
Subject: Re: Finite Element in Octave
Date: Thu, 17 Feb 2011 10:48:37 +0100

On 16 Feb 2011, at 22:52, Martin Heller wrote:

> On 2011-02-16 18:24, Abdul Rahman Riza wrote:
>> Hello All,
>>
>> I am using octave in Ubuntu 10.04. I am wondering if there is some
>> source tutorial for analyzing simple finite element problem using Octave.
>>

> You can take a look at OctaveFEMM:
> <http://www.femm.info/wiki/OctaveFEMM>

Or the package 'bim' from octave-forge.
Although the description says it uses a Finite Volume scheme,
the discretization it uses is equivalent to exponentially-fitted Finite
Elements [1].
If you have Octave 3.4 you can install 'bim' with the command:

pkg install -forge bim

c.

[1] see, e.g.:
 Brezzi F., Marini L. D., Pietra P.,
Two-dimensional exponential fitting and applications to drift-diffusion models.
SIAM J. Numer. Anal.,26, 1342–1355, 1989.