Re: GNU Octave 3.4.0 Released

From: Tatsuro MATSUOKA
Subject: Re: GNU Octave 3.4.0 Released
Date: Thu, 10 Feb 2011 09:11:37 +0900 (JST)

Hello

Congratulations!!!
I have announced the release of 3.4.0 in Octave related threads and wikis in
Japan.

I really appreciate for your all efforts and efforts of all other contributors.

The version 3.4 is the first release to use gnulib libraries.
I feel that the MinGW has imports the gnulib comportments to make the source
portable.
The choice of the importing gnulib is really good for the portability and
maintainability of source
codes. However the gnulib itself is under development phase especially for the
MinGW.

The fntests results current develments source are really fine but perhaps we
will meet hidden issues
due to new trials. Therefore this release is a good chance to go ahead further.

I hope I will continue contribute this project.

Regards

Tatsuro