Re: Compatible Commands for Octave

From: Luke M
Subject: Re: Compatible Commands for Octave
Date: Mon, 7 Feb 2011 12:46:24 -0800 (PST)

Vincent Chew wrote:

> I am have some matlab commands are not recognize by the Octave 3.2.4 that
> i am using to do my assignment. Can anyone help me in the following matlab
> commands that are compatible in Octave ?
>
> Matlab Commands: pzmap, series, printsys, cloop, parallel,
> feedback,minreal and step.

The cloop command was removed from Matlab several years ago.  I'm not sure
about the syntax but the same functionality is present in the feedback
command.  Also, parallel is in the toolbox under Block Diagram Manipulation,
and for minreal you might look into sysmin (though I'm not sure if it works
the same).

Alternatively, you may want to try the experimental control toolbox in the
Octave-Forge SVN.  It's more Matlab compatible and supposedly avoids some
issues from the original toolbox, which is no longer maintained.

svn co
http://octave.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/octave/trunk/octave-forge/main/control/
control-2.0

I think you can just tar and gzip that so Octave can install it with pkg
install, but you should uninstall the original first since obviously there
will be command name clashes.  There's probably a better way to get it, but
I don't know it.  Also, SourceForge's SVN Browse is down or else I'd have
just linked to that.