Re: how to solve the la-place transform in octave.

From: Jordi Gutiérrez Hermoso
Subject: Re: how to solve the la-place transform in octave.
Date: Fri, 4 Feb 2011 08:13:58 -0600

On 4 February 2011 02:57, CdeMills <address@hidden> wrote:
> If you mean symbolic computation, there is no such package.

Well, there is a symbolic package:

     http://octave.sourceforge.net/symbolic/index.html

But it doesn't do Laplace transforms. Should it? I have no idea what
symbolic abilities Matlab has or how much should we try to reproduce
them.

Alternatively, you can always use the fft to fake the Laplace
transform numerically. Here is an example with Python that should be
easy to translate into Octave code:

http://code.activestate.com/recipes/128243-numerical-inversion-of-laplace-transforms-using-th/

Note that it could be simplified since Octave already has ifft and
trapz functions.

- Jordi G. H.