newbie who can't edit

From: Vokey, John
Subject: newbie who can't edit
Date: Fri, 28 Jan 2011 23:36:54 -0700

A long Matlab user, just started with Octave.  Most everything I want from
Matlab works with Octave (i.e., every .m file I have tested works), so I am
quite pleased.  BUT, I can't edit anything.  When I type edit or edit name,
nothing happens.  The terminal window just locks up, and I have to close the
window and restart Octave.  Am I missing something?

Mac OSX 10.6.6, and the latest Octave.

See <http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/no-word-attachments.html>