Problem using Plot Command

From: Nojiri
Subject: Problem using Plot Command
Date: Thu, 16 Dec 2010 16:35:45 +0900

Dear Sirs

I downloaded and installed octave-3.2.4 for Windows. I tested several features of Octave successfully, but when I tested plot command, I got the following message:

Warning:   isstr is obsolete and will be removed from a future version of Octave, please use ischar instead

I made to my command a little (and I believe irelevant) modification such as to give a space between “plot” and “(“ , that is plot(x,y) -> plot (x, y), etc., and got suddenly an apparently successful display of a graph. But, then the control didn’t return and to continue operation, I had to use the delete button “x” of the graph. And then, trying again to plot a graph, Octave went dead completely and no key stroke was effective and I had to use the task manager and kill Octave session itself. Thus, something is wrong with plotting functions of Octave. I will be obliged if you give me a help to resolve this problem.

N. N. (Yokohama City , Japan)