Re: Octave does not start gnuplot

From: bpabbott
Subject: Re: Octave does not start gnuplot
Date: Wed, 15 Dec 2010 21:25:20 +0000 (GMT)

On Dec 15, 2010, at 04:15 PM, kr <address@hidden> wrote:

> Once Octave see's your MacPorts version of gnuplot, what happens when you type 'getenv ("GNUTERM")' at Octave's command prompt? If the result is "aqua", do you have Aquaterm installed? ... if not you can (1) install Aquaterm, or (2) type 'setenv ("GNUTERM", "x11")' and start X11 to allow gnuplot to work.

Thank you for your suggestion [setenv ("GNUTERM", "x11")], this solution works fine with MacPort's gnuplot.

I think, I'll have to live with X...

The problem may be with conflicts with the dynamic libraries for Aquaterm. Meaning conflicts between the MacPorts and Fink libraries. I suggest you remove the Fink versions of Aquaterm and Gnuplot.

Next, run gnuplot from a terminal window and type ..

set term aqua
plot sin(x)

Do you get a plot?

If not, I suggest you report the problem to the MacPorts users mail-list.