Re: saving Octave state?

From: Mike Miller
Subject: Re: saving Octave state?
Date: Thu, 2 Dec 2010 15:02:36 -0600 (CST)

On Thu, 2 Dec 2010, Judd Storrs wrote:

On Thu, Dec 2, 2010 at 3:04 PM, Mike Miller <address@hidden> wrote:
function save_odata ()
   save("-binary", ".OData")
endfunction

The problem (I think) is that the save() runs in the function scope
instead of the base. I think this change works:

function save_odata ()
  evalin("base","save('-binary', '.OData')") ;
endfunction

Yes! Thanks. That worked. For now I've added these functions to my ~/.octaverc:

function save_odata ()
   evalin("base","save('-binary', '.OData')") ;
endfunction
atexit ("save_odata");

function quit2 ()
   atexit ("save_odata", false);
   quit
endfunction

So save_odata will save all data in binary format in .OData, and this will be executed automatically on exit, but if I use quit2 instead of quit to exit, the data are not saved.

I'll do some more work on this in the next week or two and then I'll post my final conclusions both here and on the R-Help list.

Mike